BIND setup for GSLB (Global Service Load Balancing)

LeBlanc, Daniel James daniel.leblanc at bellaliant.ca
Fri Sep 13 11:39:58 UTC 2019

Hi Roberto.

I am not aware of any inherent capability within ISC BIND to accomplish this.  However, the following ideas come to mind (and each has a custom element to it):

-          Is it possible to create DNS record (NAPTR?) for which a dynamic response is provided that accomplishes this objective?

-          The nsupdate command line tool could be used to dynamically add/remove DNS records as required, but an external script/daemon would need to be created to drive the changes.

Thanks.

Daniel J. LeBlanc, P.Eng., MBA, DTME | Senior Network Architect | Bell Canada