DNSSEC basic information

Anne Bennett anne at encs.concordia.ca
Tue Sep 24 17:45:46 UTC 2019

Evan Hunt answers Jukka Pakkanen:

... and in a separate message, John W. Blue wrote:

> 1. DNSSEC was designed for external zones

I have a case where I recently had to use "validate-except" because of
a domain (not mine) whose external view is signed but not the internal
view; my resolver gets the internal view for that zone.

Can someone enlighten me as to why "DNSSEC was designed for external
zones", and under what circumstances it makes sense to *not* sign an
internal view?  It seems to me that it would be most consistent to
sign both external and internal views.

Anne.
--
Ms. Anne Bennett, Senior Sysadmin, ENCS, Concordia University, Montreal H3G 1M8
anne at encs.concordia.ca                                    +1 514 848-2424 x2285