Try to figure a basic conf for BIND on Mac Catalina

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Thu Apr 16 14:41:56 UTC 2020

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 9:53 AM David Chandler
<david.chandler at focushm.com> wrote:

> I have been working on this for days. Anything other than Caching-only configuration will not register anything. Port 53 will not open.

It is unclear what you are meaning by "Port 53 will not open" - is
BIND binding to the port? Does it show up in sudo netstat -nP -f inet
-f inet6 | grep '\.53'  ? If you telnet (nc) to localhost 53 do you
get anything?
If yes to the above, it sounds like you have the firewall enabled:
https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/change-firewall-preferences-on-mac-mh11783/mac