Batch updating all DNS records on my Bind server

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Tue Apr 21 00:11:25 UTC 2020

Really all machines should be updating their own address records in the
DNS.  Have each machine create a KEY record with its name.  Install the
KEY record in the DNS.  Use SIG(0) signed UPDATE requests to update the
address records.

update-policy {
	grant * self . A AAAA KEY; // Allow the machine to update these records for itself
};

Mark