Chaining NOTIFY and slave servers - is it supported?

Petr Bena petr at bena.rocks
Tue Apr 21 15:05:57 UTC 2020

Hello,

In our massive corporate setup with hundreds BIND servers all around
planet, we have some "funny" configurations (please don't ask why :)),
that seem to be actually working just fine, but I would like to
understand if this is actually supported setup, or they just work by
accident or due to some kind of a bug.

We have some DNS servers which have some network limitations (mostly
firewalls) that allow communication only in certain directions, imagine
this setup with 3 DNS servers: