Algorithm compatibility between BIND 9.6.2 and 9.16

pvs pvs at cdot.in
Wed Aug 5 08:43:41 UTC 2020

Hello,

I am new to BIND installation and configuration.

We have been using a set of BIND 9.6.2 servers (one is master & other
one is slave) running on Fedora Core 10 with algorithm as 'hmac-md5'
for transferring zones and other DNS related data between Master-Slave.
These BIND 9.6.2 server set was installed and configured by my
predecessors for the domain 'example.com'(let us say)

Our domain got changed recently to 'example.in' and and i setup newly
released  BIND 9.16 on CentOS 7.6 for this domain as authoritative NS
and is working perfectly without any issues.

For somtime we would like maintain both the domains 'example.com' &
'example.in' and  planning to configure 'example.com' zone as slave in
the new 9.16 server.

I would like to know the support of algorithm 'hmac-md5' in the new
release of BIND 9.16 for making the zone tranfer 'example.com' between
the old master and new slave.

If this algorithm is not supported, please let me know if any work
around is possible to make the new BIND 9.16 as slave to 9.6

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

--
Regards,

पं. विष्णु शंकर		P. Vishnu Sankar
टीम लीडर                 Team Leader
सी-डॉट                   C-DOT
इलैक्ट्रॉनिक्स सिटी फेज़ I     Electronics City Phase I
होसूर रोड बेंगलूरु            Hosur Road Bengaluru – 560100
फोन  Ph                 91 80 25119466
Disclaimer :
If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result.