how to revert signed db zone file to unsgined plain text (remove dnssec keys)

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Sat Aug 8 19:17:09 UTC 2020

Hello everybody,

This will sound counter intuitive but I want to convert a
db.powercraft.nl.signed file to db.powercraft.nl (unsigned without
keys). I do have the keys used, but not the original file that got singed.

I know I can convert the raw format to text but the zone file is rather
big and i want to get rid of all the sign keys.

named-compilezone -f raw -F text -o powercraft.nl.text powercraft.nl
/var/cache/bind/db.powercraft.nl.signed

named-checkzone -D -f raw powercraft.nl
/var/cache/bind/db.powercraft.nl.signed

Kind regards,