how to revert signed db zone file to unsgined plain text (remove dnssec keys)

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Sun Aug 9 22:38:44 UTC 2020

On Sun, Aug 09, 2020 at 12:03:22PM +0200, Jelle de Jong wrote:
> Thank you for your reply, there are still a lot of ; resign=20200802123322
> lines, but it does clean up a lot better, sorted on record type it would
> become useful, ideas?
>
> Is there no clean named command to do this output?

Everything starting with ";" is a comment. Run it through "named-compilezone"
again, perhaps with "-s relative" this time (I used "-s full" before
because it makes processing with awk easier). The result should be be free
of comments and canonically sorted.

"named" can do this automatically if you dynamically update a zone and
remove the DNSKEY rrset. I think "dnssec-signzone -SPRQ" would do it if you
marked the keys as deleted with "dnssec-settime" first; I haven't tested
this, but it should. But I think the awk trick is probably the most
straightforward way.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.