Bind stats - denied queries?

Marc Roos M.Roos at f1-outsourcing.eu
Tue Dec 1 09:04:12 UTC 2020

Every entry is relevant, because that is how you configured it to be. Do
you even know that this limit is configured in your config at
'rate-limit {};'? It logs everything that exceeds this limit. (<- notice
the . period)

So you can dump queries from a host 192.168.a.b, exceeding this limit
and your log entry is incorrect! Because it will have 192.168.a.0 and
not 192.168.a.b. Let me put it like this, logging 192.168.a.0 is just
plain stupid. Your log an incorrect event! The idea about logs, is that
they are correct.