Filter out TSIG records from zone transfer

Stuart at registry.godaddy Stuart at registry.godaddy
Sun Dec 6 22:22:20 UTC 2020

I usually just GREP them out.

dig -k .... axfr zone @remotehost | grep -v 'ANY[[:space:]]TSIG[[:space:]]'

Stuart

On 7/12/20, 1:32 am, "bind-users on behalf of Anand Buddhdev" <bind-users-bounces at lists.isc.org on behalf of anandb at ripe.net> wrote:

    Notice: This email is from an external sender.

    Hi folks,

    When I use "dig" to do a zone transfer, using TSIG, then the resulting
    zone is interspersed with TSIG records. Some tools, such as
    "dnssec-verify", don't like these records.

    Is there any way to tell dig not to print these TSIG records? Currently,
    I pass the zone through an awk script to filter out these records, but
    it would be nice if I could tell dig itself to suppress them.

    Regards,
    Anand Buddhdev