BIND through COPR after CentOS

Bruce Johnson johnson at Pharmacy.Arizona.EDU
Fri Dec 18 19:12:51 UTC 2020

I’m evaluating Oracle Linux to replace CentOS right now for other uses, which Oracle pinky-swears will always be free (beer and speech); it’s essentially another RHEL clone, with some additional stuff for oracle in the repo. I think it’ll end up replacing our CentOS 8 upgrade of ours.

Available Packages
Name         : bind
Epoch        : 32
Version      : 9.11.20
Release      : 5.el8
Architecture : src
Size         : 8.1 M
Source       : None
Repository   : ol8_baseos_latest
Summary      : The Berkeley Internet Name Domain (BIND) DNS (Domain Name System) server
URL          : http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/
License      : MPLv2.0
Description  : BIND (Berkeley Internet Name Domain) is an implementation of the DNS
             : (Domain Name System) protocols. BIND includes a DNS server (named),
             : which resolves host names to IP addresses; a resolver library
             : (routines for applications to use when interfacing with DNS); and
             : tools for verifying that the DNS server is operating properly.