Weird behaviour in wildcard CNAME - is this feature or bug? Can it be changed?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Feb 11 15:33:37 UTC 2020

On 11.02.20 15:58, Petr Bena wrote:
>for example test.prod.app.pcp.cn.prod
>
>step 2) search the available zones - the zone in question here is
>pcp.cn.prod which is found
>
>step 3) no matching name is found but *.prod.app exists inside of
>pcp.cn.prod which is returned
>
>However, with payis.test.prod.app.pcp.cn.prod
>
>step 2) search the available zones - the zone in question here is
>pcp.cn.prod which is found
>
>step 3) no matching name is found, *.prod.app exists inside of
>pcp.cn.prod but NXDOMAIN is returned instead?

because defining domain funding-gw.payis.prod.app.pcp.cn.prod defined empty
domain payis.prod.app.pcp.cn.prod, and since it exists (although empty), the
*.prod.app.pcp.cn.prod does not apply to payis.prod.app.pcp.cn.prod nor to
any subdomain under it.

WinError #98652: Operation completed successfully.