CDS-deletion record "CDS 0 0 0 00" is failing with bind-9.14.9 and bind-9.14.8

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Thu Feb 20 16:54:23 UTC 2020

Hi Tom,

> On 20 Feb 2020, at 17:42, Tom <lists at verreckte-cheib.ch> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> With 9.16.0, the CDS deletion (https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/issues/1554) is still not working and is ending with the same error as bind-versions before:
>
> 20-Feb-2020 17:31:25.381 general: error: zone example.com/IN (unsigned): CDS/CDNSKEY consistency checks failed
> 20-Feb-2020 17:31:25.381 zoneload: error: zone example.com/IN (unsigned): not loaded due to errors.
>
> In which version will this issue be fixed?

it will be included in the next version when the issue in question gets picked up by a developer,
be triaged, test written and code fixed.  I can’t really say when this will happen, our developer
resources are thin and there are more issues that require our attention.  That said - this is open
source and we happily accept external contributions in a form of merge request in our gitlab instance
(you need to ask for a permission to fork the project) or as a patch.  This seems to be fairly trivial
bug that might be a good start if anybody wants to help fix bugs in BIND 9.

Cheers,
Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý