Security sssues with Ubuntu bind9 11.9.3 ?

Brett Delmage Brett at BrettDelmage.ca
Sun Feb 23 16:28:01 UTC 2020

> 9.14.10 is the current stable release and 9.11.15 is the current extended
> support release. Unless you know something is broken in 9.14.10 (unlikely)
> that would be the version to $
>

> You absolutely should not be running a bind version several years old, as
> 9.11.4 is.

But 1:9.11.3+dfsg-1ubuntu1.1 is the version that Ubuntu 18.04 LTS supports, and
will continue to for 2 more years.

Clearly, it is earlier than 9.11.4

Has Ubuntu properly patched it for relevant security updates? Is it safe to
run? Of course it will be missing the latest features and software defects
(which I am exploring on a test server sing a version I compiled myself).

Brett