root.hints access errors with Ubuntu BIND 9.16.4 16.04 PPA

Brett Delmage Brett at BrettDelmage.ca
Thu Jul 9 22:59:03 UTC 2020

On Fri, 10 Jul 2020, Mark Andrews wrote:

> The file names in named.conf.  "/etc/bind/dns” is a directory.  Directories are not zone files. Telling named to read a directory as a zone file is not useful. Search for ‘"/etc/bind/dns”’ and the correct the file name.

Thanks Mark. Sometimes one can stare at the obvious and not see
it (and maybe it's also that it's pushing 30C here today, with no aircon
adn I almost fell asleep this afternoon). Duh.

All is (s)well.

cheers

Brett