AW: Debian/Ubuntu: Why was the service renamed from bind9 to named?

Michael De Roover isc at nixmagic.com
Mon Jul 20 19:53:48 UTC 2020

Sorry about that, the email might've been a bit too emotionally loaded.
The issues pile up.. and that's eventually the result.

I'm not using FreeBSD anywhere anymore but found some resources online
suggesting that the package name is bind916. The closest I could find to
unwinded is Unbound which apparently is what replaced BIND in FreeBSD
and OpenBSD. Is this the case?

Generally speaking all I'd ask for is consistency. Currently that does
not appear to be present anywhere. Everyone gives things their own (new)
names even if they're supposed to describe the same thing. It's
extremely confusing.