RPZ wildcard domain passthru not effective in BIND 9.11.21

Michał Kępień michal at isc.org
Wed Jul 29 07:46:10 UTC 2020

> RPZ wildcard domain whitelist (passthru) doesn't seem to work as it should
> be.
>
> I have noticed that the last workable version is BIND 9.11.6-P1. I have
> tested the same configurations with versions 9.11.8, 9.11.19 and 9.11.21,
> and all produce the same issue.
>
> Has anyone experienced a similar issue here? or have I
> mis-configured something?

Looks like a match for GL #1619:

    https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/-/issues/1619

This will fixed in BIND 9.11.22, which is due in a few weeks.

If you urgently need a patch against BIND 9.11.21, try this one:

    https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/-/commit/33ae88f08dabea846aee3be3af8a515fd9774ee1.diff

Sorry about the trouble!

--
Best regards,