recursive resolver

G.W. Haywood bind at jubileegroup.co.uk
Thu Mar 12 13:07:13 UTC 2020

Hi there,

On Thu, 12 Mar 2020, ShubhamGoyal wrote:

> we made a recurive resolver (Cent OS 7,  8GB RAM ,250 GB Hard disk and network
> speed is also good  ) . It reply in 1200 msec and 1800 msec (which is very
> slow). if it gave Reply by Cache (80 msec or 76 msec).
> so i want to know about,
> How can i improve my recursive resolver speed.

I wonder if you have some kind of networking misconfiguration which
results in timeouts while BIND is waiting for responses.  Perhaps you
will learn more about what is happening if you look at the network
traffic using a tool such as Wireshark.

> and If  we apply syslog  (it is a centralised logging of bind) .  then any
> profit for recursive resolver.

If I had a problem with anything which used centralised logging, one
of the first things I would do is check that the centralised logging
was not causing the problem - it is very simple to change the logging
arrangements.  Having said that, I have never found that centralised
logging has caused any problems when it is set up sanely.

--

73,
Ged.