Non-disruptive migration to dnssec-policy possible?

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at isc.org
Wed Mar 25 20:09:24 UTC 2020

Hi Shumon,

The "NOT IMPLEMENTED YET" is still accurate. It means that if you use
dnssec-policy, your zones will be signed with NSEC. Any attempts to make
it work with NSEC3 (with Dynamic Update for example) have undefined
behavior.

You are right that at this moment dnssec-policy is not yet suitable for
your use case. We will implement NSEC3 for dnssec-policy in 9.17 and
backport it to 9.16.

Best regards,

Matthijs