How can I launch a private Internet DNS server?

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Sat Nov 7 13:03:01 UTC 2020

> Do a web search for "secondary dns provider" and "backup dns provider"

I just wanted to comment that there is no "requirement" to run a
secondary DNS server.  It's certainly best practice and should be
considered.  However, the goal of having two DNS servers is to promote
redundancy if DNS fails but other services you need have not.  They may
or may not be the case here and merits consideration of the question,
"what will redundant DNS gain this organization?"

$0.02,

KAM