How can I launch a private Internet DNS server?

Chuck Aurora ca at nodns4.us
Fri Oct 16 15:59:50 UTC 2020

On 2020-10-16 06:05, Sami Ait Ali Oulahcen via bind-users wrote:
> I've been looking for a way to implement this on nft or through
> firewalld, but couldn't find anything comprehensive.
>
> So if it does get updated, please let us know :)

It won't be by me, for more than one reason (I am no longer at ISC,
and I am not [yet] a nft user, and I'm NEVER going to be a user of
firewalld.)

I can, however, suggest that there is nothing stopping you from
staying with iptables through the "legacy" tools which install.
The iptables framework is not planned for deprecation AFAIK.  The
Netfilter project likes to see users moving to the new framework,
but they well understand that millions of production sites are
hesitant to make changes on something which works well.