Malformed transaction errors

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Mon Oct 19 20:23:10 UTC 2020

On 19 Oct 2020, at 08:57, Bob McDonald <bmcdonaldjr at gmail.com> wrote:
> When you talk about "putting the .jnl file aside" what are you doing? Stopping named THEN deleting the .jnl file?

I did not delete the file. I stopped named and moved the file, then restarted named. After everything seemed to be working, then I removed the file.

> Using rndc sync -clean <domain name> ? In the case of the rndc command, you don't need to cycle named.

That's good to know, will try the next time if goes pear-shaped.

> What user is named running as? Are the directory permissions for the directory housing the .jnl file correct?

There are many domains, all with same permissions (bind/bind).

--
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?