kasp-policy and catalog zones

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at isc.org
Tue Sep 22 14:17:54 UTC 2020

Hi Christian,

There are no plans for this.

While technically a secondary can have a "dnssec-policy" statement
(acting as a bump-in-the-wire signer), signing a zone is mainly a
primary server responsibility and a policy configuration does not need
to be transferred to its secondaries.

For now I would suggest just add the zone with `rndc addzone` to the
primary or update the primary name server configuration and add the
"dnssec-policy" option.

Best regards,

Matthijs