Using RNDC to control remote access to my BIND server

Greg Donohoe dubgregd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 14:04:27 UTC 2021

Thanks Anand.
When using this TSIG solution is the key visible (clear) within the DNS
packet being sent to the remote server or is it encrypted?
Is this communication secure? eg if someone is sitting on the wire sniffing
the packets, would they be able to extract the key ?
Or is the security of the communication done through the ACL and the key is
TSIG only used to allow me to make changes to the zone file?
The main reason why I was leaning towards SSH was to try to ensure that all
communication between local & remote was encrypted.

Rgds,
Greg.