Multisite deployment issue

Daniel Armando Rodriguez drodriguez at unau.edu.ar
Mon Aug 2 20:42:49 UTC 2021

For testing purposes just added a zone as follows

zone "www.dominio.edu.ar"  {
    type forward;
    forward only;
    forwarders { XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX; };
};

and this is what I've got

root at nssv:~# dig www.dominio.edu.ar

; <<>> DiG 9.11.5-P4-5.1+deb10u5-Debian <<>> www.dominio.edu.ar
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
; COOKIE: f60b7a2ec47397c2062ec9cb610857290d2614d7782ddcae (good)
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.dominio.edu.ar.		IN	A

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
dominio.edu.ar.		86400	IN	SOA	nssv.dominio.edu.ar.
informatica.dominio.edu.ar. 2021072001 28800 7200 2419200 86400

;; Query time: 0 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.8.17#53(192.168.8.17)
;; WHEN: lun ago 02 17:35:53 -03 2021
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 125

But, If I make an explicit request to the public server the answer is
the right one

root at nssv:~# dig www.dominio.edu.ar @XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

; <<>> DiG 9.11.5-P4-5.1+deb10u5-Debian <<>> www.dominio.edu.ar
@XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 3

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
; COOKIE: b0109e795ed8a84632e9bcf26108575a20463923d764104e (good)
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.dominio.edu.ar.		IN	A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.dominio.edu.ar.	3600	IN	A	XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
dominio.edu.ar.		3600	IN	NS	ns1.dominio.edu.ar.
dominio.edu.ar.		3600	IN	NS	ns2.dominio.edu.ar.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
ns1.dominio.edu.ar.	3600	IN	A	XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
ns2.dominio.edu.ar.	3600	IN	A	XXX.XXX.XXX.XXY

;; Query time: 33 msec
;; SERVER: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX#53(XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)
;; WHEN: lun ago 02 17:36:42 -03 2021
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 156