underscore in A or PTR records

ONRUBIA AVILES Carlos (CCS/MST) carlos.onrubia.aviles at proximus.com
Wed Feb 17 11:34:19 UTC 2021

Hello,

Indeed my question was on A record but the issue is on PTR record.
I can configure the following line:

_ptr.dekil.nl.      3600    IN      PTR     _81.99-129-109.adsl-dyn.isp.dekil.nl

It works....we can use "_"  in both sides.

But what is strange is that the following configuration do not work:

9.10.238.195.in-addr.arpa.       3600    IN      PTR     por_tal-bis.skynet.be.

"_" is not allowed

Is it due to extra check by bind when it sees it is an arpa zone so no  "_" is allowed?

Regards,

Carlos,