Choosing A records based on hosts' load?

Giles Coochey giles at coochey.net
Mon Jan 18 09:08:06 UTC 2021

On 18/01/2021 09:04, Marek Kozlowski wrote:

> The problem is: I'm supervising the BIND. I'm NOT supervising the
> other servers. Their admins requested such a solution. Personally I
> agree with your opinion but... The question is: is there such a ready
> solution as I described?

As others mentioned, this often will not work unless all your clients
are directly accessing the DNS server for their requests (e.g. an
internal authoritative server). I don't know how this can be achieved
with Bind, but you can achieve it with LUA in PowerDNS.

https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/lua-records/

--
Giles Coochey