configure notify for ixfer?

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Tue Jun 1 15:31:08 UTC 2021

On 01/06/2021 17:18, Cuttler, Brian R (HEALTH) via bind-users wrote:

Hi Brian,

> From what I'm reading I should be sending a notify from the primary
> to the secondary when a dynamic zone is updated but I don't seem to be
> doing that.
>
> Would someone please point me to the option I'm missing to do so?
> I've either completely missed it, mis-understood what I read or am going in
> the wrong direction.

You need an "also-notify" option for that zone. Read more about this in
the BIND documentation:

https://bind9.readthedocs.io/en/v9_16_16/reference.html#zone-transfers

While this documentation refers to the latest stable version of BIND, it
should still apply to the older version you're using.

Regards,
Anand