Deprecating BIND 9.18+ on Windows (or making it community improved and supported)

Richard T.A. Neal richard at richardneal.com
Wed Jun 2 20:36:35 UTC 2021

Could I ask if a conclusion has been reached regarding this? I know there was quite a bit of chatter in April/May but it's not clear to me whether any conclusions were reached.

If 9.16 is to be the last officially supported Windows version then have you decided yet which features from 9.17 will be  backported into 9.16 and thus receive official support?

Easy example: DNS over HTTPS which I believe was initially hoped to be backported into BIND 9.16 around the April/May timeframe this year.

Thanks,

Richard.