No more support for windows

Eric Germann ekgermann at semperen.com
Fri Jun 4 21:31:03 UTC 2021

Call me naive, but I’m trying to figure out what the corner case is to use BIND on Windows.

For an internal network Windows Server already has a name server that integrates with AD and everything else needed to run a Windows network.  Support for DDNS is a lot easier, it has tons of SRV records needed for service location, etc.  It seems it would be a lot easier to use that for a Windows network than shoehorn everything in to BIND.

---
Eric Germann
ekgermann {at} semperen {dot} com || ekgermann {at} gmail {dot} com
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ericgermann <https://www.linkedin.com/in/ericgermann>
Twitter: @ekgermann
Telegram || Signal || Phone +1 {dash} 419 {dash } 513 {dash} 0712

GPG Fingerprint: 89ED 36B3 515A 211B 6390  60A9 E30D 9B9B 3EBF F1A1