Windows support has been discontinued in BIND 9.17+ (Was: Important: A significant flaw is present in June BIND releases 9.16.17 and 9.17.14)

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Fri Jun 18 13:21:26 UTC 2021

Hi Peter,

the Windows support in 9.17 has been discontinued (as discussed on this very mailing list).
So, while technically the BIND 9.17.14/9.17.15 still includes the Windows binaries, the
code has been removed in the git repository, and the issue you are experiencing will not
get a fix. If you want to keep running BIND 9 on Windows, you will have to downgrade
to the lastest stable 9.16 release.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý (He/Him)