Only zones with wildcards affected on authoritative servers

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Fri Jun 18 19:33:38 UTC 2021

On 6/17/2021 11:03 PM, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> # Are the ISC packages affected?
>
> The packages with the hotfix applied were pushed into the repository and are either already built
> or are building and will be available shortly

The Ubuntu and Centos Copr packages are showing different version
numbers, though I suspect they both contain the updated code. Can
someone confirm my suspicion?

The CentOS 8 Copr went from
   9.16.17-1.1.el8
   9.16.17-1.2.el8

While the Ubuntu "Personal Package Archive" ppa:isc/bind went from
   9.16.17-1
   9.16.18-1

from 'named -v' the two return
   BIND 9.16.17 (Stable Release) <id:fe79347>
   BIND 9.16.18-Ubuntu (Stable Release) <id:1c027c4>

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration
State of Alaska