Origin of reverse lookup

Ralph Seichter ralph at ml.seichter.de
Sat Jun 19 00:00:53 UTC 2021

* techlists at phpcoderusa.com:

> I had my ISP configure a reverse lookup years ago. They say they no
> longer offer that service and there is no reverse lookup for my IP.

And what exactly is "my IP"? One could hazard a guess based on your
message's headers, but it would be easier if you told us.

> Any thoughts on how I might resolve this or find who is hosting this
> reverse lookup?

Have you tried using a utility like "dig" to execute reverse lookups
along the responding domain name server chain? Verbose output should
offer clues about where the data originates.

-Ralph