Origin of reverse lookup

alcol alcol alcol at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 19 10:10:11 UTC 2021

ISP Have is a normale DNS zone as forward ones

they does not offer remote mainteining as you should own all subnet class and are directly downloaded from iana if I remember well.

if something go wrong with the zone ISP will have issue from tld.

in past I had a master reverse lookup maintained from me downloaded from isp becous iana can't go around the world to download and to avoid issues in download.

as are zones with so few changes isp could allow something like a cpannel to change some records.

usually reverse lookup are resolved with a standard naming with ip and isp name

if you run a mail server could be usefull if not a reverse lookup is not so much used