BIND 9.16.13 and Mac OS X 10.13.6 - problems with ./configure

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Fri Mar 26 13:44:04 UTC 2021

> On Mar 26, 2021, at 12:16 AM, Paul Cizmas <cizmas at tamu.edu> wrote:
>
> I tried now using libuv 1.35 and it failed again during make at

Is this during the build of BIND or libuv? Looks like libuv.

If it’s during the build of libuv, have you also installed its dependencies? From my notes from when I first built BIND 9.16.x, "Starting with 9.16, needs libuv which in turn needs libtools, automake, and autoconf. After installing libtools, rename /usr/local/lib/libtool and libtoolize to glibtool and glibtoolize” (whatever led me to needing to rename those files is not in my notes). I also found I needed to update Xcode but that may have been for a separate issue.

But I agree with Ondřej, having already installed libuv via Homebrew, why are you not using Homebrew for BIND?

--
Larry Stone
lstone19 at stonejongleux.com