REST API for recursive queries

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Tue May 4 20:07:38 UTC 2021

systemd-resolved has private api, which attempts to do multiple DNS
queries for one originating query. But it is not accepted to do that
using DNS protocol, it uses d-bus calls I think. Because BIND uses DNS
protocol only and not any dbus or former lwres protocol, you can count
only querying -t ANY for single name as something similar.

But DNS protocol is quite light weight. Multiple UDP queries are still
fast to serve. Can you explain, why are you looking for single query?

It seems to me tool like command "host example.com", which runs 3
queries on the name for you, might work. It does 3 queries, but from
just single call. Would that work for you?

--
Petr Menšík
Software Engineer
email: pemensik at redhat.com
PGP: DFCF908DB7C87E8E529925BC4931CA5B6C9FC5CB