Update DNSSEC Zone

Peter Fraser softwareinfojam at gmail.com
Mon May 10 01:48:38 UTC 2021

HI All,
I really would appreciate a pointer in the right direction. I took over a bind server recently. I am not new to bind. I have used it many times and honestly prefer it to windows dns but I have never worked with DNSSEC.  I have been reading all day and I still can’t figure out how to update the DNSSEC zone. Can anyone assist me please? I did see one site that said I could just put in regular A record entries and run rndc reload and that would resign the zone. I tried that but it didn’t work.

I am using bind-9.14.x and here are the DNSSEC related entries in the zone.

auto-dnssec maintain;
update-policy local;
key-directory “zones/domain-keys”;

Best Regards,