Deprecating BIND 9.18+ on Windows (or making it community improved and supported)

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Mon May 10 09:11:26 UTC 2021

> On 10. 5. 2021, at 10:29, Richard T.A. Neal <richard at richardneal.com> wrote:
>
> At this time I don't therefore believe that running BIND via WSL or WSL2 on Windows Server is a viable reliable solution.

Thanks for the analysis.

The alternative is as I outlined in the first email, somebody needs to step up
and start maintaining the BIND 9.18+ Windows version properly. FTR the
“somebody” doesn’t have to do it with their own hands.

Using mingw-w64 to compile BIND 9.18+ instead of using MSVC would be also
accepted as a contribution.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý (He/Him)