BIND 9.16.17-snapshot - testers needed - recursive performance

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Tue May 25 12:37:17 UTC 2021

Hi,

we merged a change that substantially reduces a contention between threads
and improves the recursive performance in 9.16 branch quite significantly.

After the change, the 9.16 branch performance will surpass 9.11 performance
in both scenarios - authoritative (already the case, from the very beginning)
and recursive (since a version to be released in June).

Although, we are quite confident that the new code is correct, we would appreciate
if people running different work loads than ours to test the snapshot tarball available
from here:

https://users.isc.org/~ondrej/bind-9.16.17-pre.tar.xz

We would like to hear both success (it’s ok here in the mailing list) and failure stories
(please create GitLab issues).

Thanks,
Ondrej
--