A record for @?

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Fri Nov 5 14:29:22 UTC 2021

I have a domain that I hot DNS and email for, but not web. I set the A record for www.example.com to the IP of the web server with nsupdate, removing the old CNAME the pointed to the local webserver, but the web monkey for the new website is saying that www has to be a CNAME and the @ record should be the A record pointing to the IP.

I don't think this is right, and if it is I am not sure how to use nsupdate to make this change.

--
'Yes, but humans are more important than animals,' said Brutha. 'This
	is a point of view often expressed by humans,' said Om. (Small