host your subdomain on your own ?

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Sat Nov 13 09:06:56 UTC 2021

> On 13. 11. 2021, at 8:16, Erich Eckner <bind at eckner.net> wrote:
>
> The problem arises, as soon as you have some clients *outside* of this
> local net (inside some other local net), which should also resolve the
> internal ips - this is, what I have, and why I use a public zone for my
> private addresses: Most hosts are within my lan behind my own dns server,
> but some are "outside", but reachable via vpn - but I do not want to route
> all dns traffic for those through vpn, neither do I want to deploy dns
> servers for each of those machines.

What Erich said…

I have ProxMox (PVE) at home and bunch of operating systems for testing
and the <system>.home.sury.org are just listed in the public zone.  There’s
not much anybody can do with the information that I am using 10.10.10.0/24
for my home network.

So, instead of describing what and how you want to do <foo>, maybe you
might describe why you want to do <foo>?

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý (He/Him)
ondrej at isc.org