Pre-announcement of a BIND security issue scheduled for disclosure 27 October 2021

Everett B. Fulton ebf at isc.org
Thu Oct 21 16:48:05 UTC 2021

Hello,

As part of our policy of pre-notification of upcoming security releases,
we are writing to inform you that the October 2021 BIND maintenance
releases that will be released on Wednesday, 27 October, will contain a
patch for a security vulnerability affecting the BIND 9.11.x, 9.16.x and
9.17.x release branches.

Further details about that vulnerability will be publicly disclosed at
the time the releases are published.  It is our hope that this
pre-announcement will aid BIND operators in preparing for that
disclosure when it occurs.  If you have feedback or questions concerning
this policy, kindly direct them to security-officer at isc.org

--
Everett B. Fulton
ISC Support