BIND 'max-cache-size' Value on FreeBSD-13.0

Borja Marcos borjam at sarenet.es
Mon Sep 13 08:02:37 UTC 2021

> On 13 Sep 2021, at 09:40, Ondřej Surý <ondrej at isc.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> if you have reliable reproducer, please fill an issue at https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/-/issues
>
> While this mailing list is monitored by the BIND 9 team, it’s more practical to have an issue filled by
> a person experiencing the problem where we can interact directly and ask additional questions.
> Scraping the information from the mailing list chatter is very impractical.

Thanks, I understand.

Right now I don’t have anything solid. As I said, I have not experienced Mark’s serious issue. But trying
to assign a bogus address to an unnumbered interface I wasn’t using *seems* to reduce the growth in
memory footprint.

I said *seems*, so again nothing solid.

If I can I will set up a spare non production server and run a stress test with OARC’s tools and some sample
data sets. In that case make sure I will report what I find.

Borja.