BIND 8.2.1 not handling NXDOMAIN as per auth-nxdomain?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Aug 31 06:52:59 UTC 1999

At 8:53 PM -0700 1999/8/30, Paul A Vixie wrote:

> this is how negative caching works.  wait 10 minutes and try it again.

	There's got to be something *way* deeper here than that, because
my initial reaction was exactly the same.  But people like Greg don't
tend to miss things like this, so now I'm left wondering what the
heck I've missed and how far beyond my measly knowledge of BIND
everyone else is.

	I always felt like a Lilliputian in the land of humans, when
compared to the rest of the people on this list.  Suddenly, I now
feel like a Lilliputian in the land of giants.

	I've been away from this stuff for far too long.  I guess it's
time to force myself to start doing some actual code (for the first
time in ten years), just so that I can begin to brush off some of the
rust....

--
Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org> <http://www.shub-internet.org/brad/>
     <http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE38CCEF1>

Your mouse has moved.   Windows NT must be restarted for the change to
take effect.   Reboot now?  [ OK ]