Should bind ignore bad cached NS?

Mark_Andrews at iengines.com Mark_Andrews at iengines.com
Wed Nov 17 22:03:04 UTC 1999

	Well theoretically the NS records from the zone should be
	more correct that those from the delegating zone, if they differ.
	Also the NS set in the zone and the parent domain should be the
	same unless the zone is moving to different servers.

	In this case datacom.net need to pay their bills.  The
	datacom.net delegation is on hold awaiting paymnent.

	Mark

(0) htype: D |
(1) handle: DATACOM6-DOM|
(2) name: InterSec Network Operation Center|
(3) hostname: |
(4) netname: |
(5) domainame: DATACOM.NET|
(6) netaddress: |
(7) address: 7529 Greenbelt Rd. Suite 99o
	Greenbelt, MD 20770

(8) admincontact: INO2      |
(9) alternatepoc: |
(10) activation_date: 20-Mar-1997|
(11) billcontact: |
(12) comments: |
(13) connectype: |
(14) coordinator: |
(15) cputype: |
(16) groups: |
(17) hostadmin: |
(18) host: |
(19) impname: |
(20) impnetnumber: |
(21) impnumber: |
(22) inaddrserver: |
(23) usgpolicy: |
(24) mailbox: |
(25) netnumber: |
(26) netblock: |
(27) nicknames: |
(28) opsys: |
(29) parentdom: HOLD-PAY          |
(30) phone: |
(31) protocols: |
(32) servercontact: SERVE22-HST SERVE23-HST|
(33) tacid: |
(34) mctacnumber: |
(35) techcontact: INO2      |
(36) tissuedate: |
(37) updated: 19990910 billmast=      |
(38) user_name: |
(39) validcard: |
(40) tacreq: |
(41) zonecontact: INO2      |
(42) registrar: |
(43) asn_name: |
(44) asn_number: |
(45) asn_block: |

--
Mark Andrews, Internet Engines Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at iengines.com