DNS reply ADDITIONAL SECTION data with MX lookup ?

Brad Knowles blk at skynet.be
Thu Jun 22 10:54:28 UTC 2000

At 12:30 PM +0200 2000/6/22, Peter Koch wrote:

>  as of RFC2181 the TTLs of RRs in an RRSet have to be equal and BIND has been
>  enforcing this for quite some time now. Then, there's other software ...

	Hmm.  So, if one of the A RRs for a name has a lower TTL and then
gets aged out, all the other A RRs for that same name get thrown away
at the same time?  Interesting.

	I seem to vaguely recall some discussion of this idea, but I
didn't realize that it had actually been done.  Who knows, maybe I
actually read it in Cricket's book, and I've just forgotten.  ;-)