Don Hackett: [BIND-BUGS #1090] [bind bug] leading zero's give bad address

Brad Knowles blk at skynet.be
Wed Sep 6 17:04:17 UTC 2000

At 11:11 AM -0400 2000/9/6, William A. Gianopoulos wrote:

>     If there are dot's in the address, then it should be interpreted as
>  decimal in any case because there is no such thing as dotted octal notation
>  for IP addresses.

	Sure there is.  It has existed there since BSD 4.2, as previously
demonstrated on this list.

Brad Knowles, <blk at skynet.be>                || Belgacom Skynet SA/NV
Systems Architect, Mail/News/FTP/Proxy Admin || Rue Colonel Bourg, 124
Phone/Fax: +32-2-706.13.11/12.49             || B-1140 Brussels
http://www.skynet.be                         || Belgium