controls problem in 8.2.3-REL?

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Tue Feb 13 13:31:33 UTC 2001

	You have a Solaris/SunOS platform which does not honour the file
	permissions on the UNIX domain socket.  This was in README but
	got removed at the last minute.

	Named now secures the parent directory, which is listed in CHANGES.
	It also uses /usr/local/etc/ndc.d/ncd as the default path.

	Yes it will be better documented in the next BIND 8 release.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com