rfc 2673 (binary labels) supported in BIND 8.2.x?

Joseph Caldwell joecwell at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 30 15:25:15 UTC 2002

Sorry if this is a duplicate ... tried sending it yesterday,
but it didn't get turned back around to me so I assumed it
didn't take ...

Does BIND 8.2.x provide support for rfc 2673 binary labels?
I noticed that the actual rfc document for it is in the doc
structure (I looked in BIND 8.2.3).  I am assuming that if
it is located there, that means it is supported, but just
wanted to double-check.

What made me question whether it actually is supported or not
is that the encoding definition in the rfc calls for an
"extended label type (EDNS0)"; and I didn't think there was
EDNS0 support in BIND 8 until the recently released 8.3.0 level.

Thanks in advance -
Joe
Joe Caldwell, IBM Corp., iSeries 400 Laboratory
1701 North St., Dept GZPA, Endicott, N.Y. 13760
Internet e-mail: joecwell at us.ibm.com