BIND 8.4.3 query logging

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Thu Dec 4 12:45:01 UTC 2003

> At 10:10 PM +0100 2003/11/28, Peter Koch wrote:
> >> This will probably break all the log-processing programs I'm
> >> responsible for ...
>
> Proposal:
>
> logging {
>   format-version 1;           // I want old (= 0) or new (= 1) log format.
>
>   channel xxx ...;
>   ...;
>
>   category yyy ...;
>   ...;
> };
>
> Or maybe it isn't worth the effort?
>
> 				Cheers,
> 				  /Liman

	The missing "/" will return.  It was accidently dropped as
	I looked at ways to log EDNS and TSIG.

	Appending "/S", "/E" or "/SE" if the query was signed or
	used EDNS or both was intentional.

	Patch ns_req.c to restore the "/".  I posted a patch to bind-users
	earlier today.

	I would then recommed updating any scripts to process the new
	form if you care about the extra field.  The new script will
	handle the old logs which are identical to a message without
	a signature or EDNS.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org